It’s been almost a month because the first-ever Viewers Pushed Summit! This occasion introduced collectively a stellar assortment of entrepreneurial minds to share and focus on the newest strategies and techniques that work to develop an viewers at present. On this put up we’re going to go just a little bit old-school, Pat Flynn/SPI crash check dummy fashion, detailing the issues that went properly with the execution of the summit, and a few issues we wish to enhance on with future occasions.
What You Missed at Viewers Pushed (& How You Can Catch Up)
First off, in case you missed it, what the heck occurred at Viewers Pushed? We had a tremendous lineup of audio system, a few of whom you may acknowledge and others you won’t, all of whom shared their hard-won insights on viewers constructing in 2021 and past. Right here’s what you missed out on:
- Keenya Kelly of If You Model It, on how small communities can result in giant audiences
- Neil Patel of Ubersuggest and Neilpatel.com, tips on how to construct an viewers by means of web optimization
- Anne-Laure Le Cunff of Ness Labs, on tips on how to construct a sustainable group
- James Clear, writer of Atomic Habits, on the facility of focus as a creator
- Wes Kao, cohort-based course creator, on the rise of cohort primarily based programs
- Nicole Walters, founding father of the RichFriend Membership, on tips on how to construct a worthwhile enterprise that may be a true reflection of you
- Alban Brooke, head of promoting at Buzzsprout, on how podcasts are grown in 2021
- Shane Sams, CEO of Flipped Way of life, on tips on how to visitor on different podcasts
- Roberto Blake, artistic entrepreneur and keynote speaker, on modifications, traits, and alternatives on YouTube at present
- Nathan Barry, founding father of ConvertKit, on traits in writing, rising, and incomes a dwelling with e-mail
- Espree Devora of We Are LA Tech, on podcasting’s “3 Ps and M&Ms”
- Ali Abdaal, physician, YouTuber and podcaster, on constant progress (even when you’re creating part-time)
- Rob Maurer of Tesla Day by day, on what to do when progress slows down
- Monica Louie, Fb and Instagram advertisements skilled, on how to create and launch gives that get your clients outcomes (and make what you are promoting develop)
- Derrick Hicks of ConvertKit, on simplifying your tech stack with ConvertKit Commerce
- Rob Gelb of HeySummit, on tips on how to develop your viewers with digital summits
- Pat Flynn of SPI, on the way forward for on-line programs
- Andrew Guttormsen of Circle.so, on traits in on-line group constructing
And by the way in which, even when you missed out, you didn’t actually miss out. You may catch all of the replays of those talks and Q&As at AudienceDriven.co.
So now you realize what occurred, let’s spend a while recapping what went properly at Viewers Pushed, and what we’re hoping to do higher the following time we run an occasion like this!
Issues Our Viewers Cherished about Viewers Pushed (& We Did, Too)
Let’s be clear. It’s not tooting our horn to say that a variety of issues went proper on the very first Viewers Pushed Summit. We’re thrilled at how the occasion went, all issues thought-about. Listed below are the issues we’re most pleased with.
- We delivered an absurd quantity of worth. You’re most likely getting bored with me telling you the way superior our audio system had been, nevertheless it’s true. Oh, and it was free! Like, fully free.
- Talking of free, the content material of the summit was additionally pitch-free. This was very intentional, and our viewers appreciated it. We made a plug on the very finish for our new Heroic On-line Programs course, however our purpose with Viewers Pushed was to ship a ton of worth uncluttered by gross sales pitches.
- Individuals stayed engaged. As soon as they joined, they caught round. We noticed little dropoff in attendee numbers over the course of every day of the summit. Individuals noticed the worth they had been getting. We wager this had lots to do with not simply the varied mixture of superior audio system and the dear content material they had been sharing, however that we blended it up with each stay and prerecorded talks, plus Q&As.
- The occasion was not simply Viewers Pushed, however crew pushed. The entire crew was concerned in planning and executing the summit—as you noticed when you attended!
Talking of attendees, listed here are a few of our favourite bits of suggestions on Viewers Pushed:
What We’re Constructing On for the Subsequent Viewers Pushed
As with all occasion, particularly a first-time one like Viewers Pushed, we’re enthusiastic about what went proper and what we will do higher subsequent time. Listed below are the largest issues we’re constructing on and enhancing with our subsequent summit.
- Possibly the largest factor we wish to enhance on subsequent time is the scheduling and format of the occasion. Viewers Pushed 2021 was only a two-day occasion, nevertheless it felt like we may have stretched it to a minimum of three days, given the entire unbelievable audio system and content material. It was nice, and it was lots. We would additionally experiment with a smaller slate of audio system and fewer content material. It’s a balancing act!
- We had some tech points, just about a given for a first-time occasion like this, utilizing a number of new-to-us platforms and getting them to work collectively easily—particularly, getting Restream.io to work properly with YouTube. To some extent, this comes with the territory, and we all know what we have to get issues working with out a hitch subsequent time!
- Though engagement was excessive, subsequent time we’d like to encourage extra people to register and switch up. We’ll be exploring totally different methods for selling the occasion, in addition to encouraging registrants to tune in—issues like having “Add to calendar” buttons added to the registration course of, and sending push notifications when the occasion is about to go stay.
- We’d additionally look into an audio-only choice for individuals who wish to attend however can’t keep glued to a video feed all day lengthy. We additionally wish to proceed to enhance accessibility of our summit content material (as we do with all our content material!), akin to by including stay closed captions to all of the talks.
- Lastly, we’d give just a little extra time for Q&A. This a part of the expertise was so priceless, and we realized that we may have used extra of it.
We Wish to Hear From You (No, Severely)
For those who made it to Viewers Pushed—and even when you didn’t—we’d like to know what you’d wish to expertise at our subsequent summit. (Y’know, as a result of viewers pushed…) Simply hit us up on Twitter @teamSPI and/or utilizing the hashtag #audiencedriven!
You may also head to smartpassiveincome.com/contribute and share your ideas in a brief video, audio clip, or written message!
Listed below are just some of the feedback individuals have despatched us concerning the enterprise progress and insights Viewers Pushed has sparked for them:
And don’t neglect—you’ll be able to register to catch the replays and get bulletins about future occasions at AudienceDriven.co.
One Final Factor
By the way in which, whereas the Viewers Pushed Summit targeted totally on the audience-building facet of your on-line enterprise, we’ve created one thing that will help you generate a scalable revenue too.
Our newest course, Heroic On-line Programs.
With Heroic On-line Programs, you’ll be able to discover ways to turn into a course creator the SPI means. Through the years, we’ve generated greater than $4 million in course gross sales by creating audience-driven programs. And we’ll present you precisely how we do it.