The 2022 NFL Draft order is about now that Week 18 is within the books, and the fast winner (as we’ve recognized for some time) is the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Eagles, who’re already a playoff crew, are boasting an astonishing three first rounds picks this yr as a product of a two sensible trades. Philadelphia not solely has its personal prime decide, however Miami’s (which it received by a pre-draft commerce in 2021), and Indianapolis’, coming from the deal for Carson Wentz. Whereas not one of the picks are within the Prime 10, the 2022 class is deep and this might be a defining second for Philadelphia to seek out important upgrades. That might be main for a crew that’s already good.
It’s uncommon to see a crew find yourself with this many first spherical choices. It final occurred in 2013 when Minnesota ended up with three picks, which resulted in Xavier Rhodes, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Sharrif Floyd all being taken. That draft didn’t land the Vikings a single famous person, with Rhodes and Patterson now on different groups. Floyd had a promising begin to his profession, however was out of the NFL in 2017 after a number of injury-plagued seasons. Clearly the Eagles will hope to have higher luck.
The opposite bizarre factor this yr is the Jets and Giants having two first rounders every. In whole it signifies that the states of New York and Pennsylvania can have 9 picks, representing 28 p.c of all the first spherical touchdown in one in all two states.
With out additional ado, right here’s the whole first spherical order for the 2022 NFL Draft.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (3-14)
- Detroit Lions (3-13-1)
- Houston Texans (4-13)
- New York Jets (4-13)
- New York Giants (4-13)
- Carolina Panthers (5-12)
- New York Giants From Chicago Bears (6-11) in 2021 commerce to pick Justin Fields
- Atlanta Falcons (7-10)
- Denver Broncos (7-10)
- New York Jets From Seattle Seahawks (7-10) in Jamal Adams commerce
- Washington Soccer Staff (7-10)
- Minnesota Vikings (8-9)
- Cleveland Browns (8-9)
- Baltimore Ravens (8-9)
- Philadelphia Eagles From Miami Dolphins (9-8) in 2021 commerce to pick Jaylen Waddle
- Philadelphia Eagles From Indianapolis Colts (9-8) commerce for Carson Wentz
- Los Angeles Chargers (9-8)
- New Orleans Saints (9-8)
- Philadelphia Eagles *
- Pittsburgh Steelers *
- New England Patriots *
- Miami Dolphins * From San Francisco 49ers in 2021 commerce to pick Trey Lance
- Las Vegas Raiders *
- Arizona Cardinals *
- Cincinnati Bengals **
- Buffalo Payments **
- Detroit Lions From Los Angeles Rams in Matthew Stafford commerce **
- Dallas Cowboys **
- Kansas Metropolis Chiefs ***
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers ***
- Tennessee Titans ****
- Inexperienced Bay Packers *****
* Picks 19-24 are determined by document amongst groups who misplaced within the Wild Card Spherical
** Picks 25-28 are determined by document amongst groups who lose within the Divisional Spherical
*** Picks 29 and 30 are determined by document amongst losers in Convention Championships
**** Picks 31 and 32 are determined within the Tremendous Bowl