Does your assist desk help staff really feel prefer it’s “Groundhog Day” they usually’re answering the identical questions again and again? Sure, that’s what they do, however is there a technique to make this course of extra environment friendly? What if we allow the top person to be extra self-sufficient which is able to make them extra environment friendly? This can even cut back the variety of “fundamental” tickets so the assistance desk staff can concentrate on the “advanced” tickets and do extra proactive duties.
How To Make Your Assist Desk Extra Environment friendly
The method begins with the top customers so give them the knowledge they should be extra environment friendly and self-sufficient, which is able to assist them resolve their “fundamental” points sooner. Listed here are 4 issues you are able to do:
1. Create a information base of frequent points with resolutions so the top person can attempt to troubleshoot and resolve fundamental points themselves.
2. Give finish customers the power to reset their very own password as soon as authenticated. There are instruments to do that such because the self-service password characteristic inside Microsoft 365.
3. Educate finish customers find out how to submit a “good” ticket, which particulars necessary data reminiscent of particular error messages, offering display prints, and many others. This data helps the assistance desk staff troubleshoot extra effectively, which interprets to a sooner decision.
4. Make it straightforward for finish customers to submit points/issues:
- Give the top customers alternative ways to submit a difficulty reminiscent of through a telephone name or a portal to the ticketing system.
- Create and distribute a small helpful card that describes the alternative ways they’ll submit a difficulty and in addition consists of the hyperlink to the ticketing system in addition to the telephone variety of the assistance desk staff (together with hours).
- If the top person calls the assistance desk staff with a difficulty, have the assistance desk member enter a ticket on behalf of the top person. It’s necessary to at all times create a ticket in an effort to observe the exercise and mine the information.
When finish customers are experiencing an issue, they could already be burdened. So, it’s necessary to make it straightforward for them to make use of the ticketing system. It must be straightforward to get the information entered (accurately) in order that the difficulty will be resolved as shortly as potential.
1. Default sure fields throughout the ticket (for the reason that finish person is logged in and who they’re) reminiscent of date opened, finish person’s title, title, division, location, telephone quantity, and many others. Not solely will this save time, however this reduces typos.
2. Can default the difficulty’s criticality (usually excessive, medium, and low) to medium and the top person can change if wanted.
3. Arrange the ticketing system in order that it sends out automated emails to the top person when the ticket is opened, a technician is assigned, the technician updates the ticket, and the ticket is accomplished/closed. Hold the top person up to date with the standing—they’ll admire this.
4. Give the top person the power to lookup their tickets (each open and closed).
- Allow them to lookup their open ticket(s) to see what the present standing is.
- Allow them to present updates to their open ticket(s). For instance, if the assistance desk staff requested extra data, the top person can present an replace straight into the ticket. Or perhaps the top person was capable of repair the difficulty so allow them to shut the ticket (noting the decision).
Advantages To Having All Ticket Data In One Location
There are a number of advantages to having all the ticketing data in a single central location. One key profit is the power to mine the information. Export and analyze the information and switch it into significant data! Share the knowledge with the top customers to assist them be extra self-sufficient.
1. Search for traits and attempt to decide recurring points. For instance, one particular printer that has been repaired 3 times within the final 5 months. Otherwise you discover a number of password resets on Monday mornings.
2. Have the assistance desk staff proactively take that additional step for frequent course of errors. For that problematic printer, work out if it’s less expensive to switch versus regularly paying restore payments.
3. Submit ideas/FAQs on the intranet. Checklist the password conventions for the completely different methods, which is able to make it simpler for finish customers when they should change their passwords. Additionally, since most methods warn finish customers that their password goes to run out in x days, have a tip that claims attempt to not change their password on Fridays. This could assist cut back the variety of finish customers calling on Monday that they forgot their password.
Making the top customers extra self-sufficient relating to “fundamental” points not solely makes them extra environment friendly but additionally permits the assistance desk staff to concentrate on extra “advanced” duties. It’s a win-win for each side.
For extra data on creating an environment friendly assist desk ticket course of, comply with me on LinkedIn!
From Your Web site Articles
Associated Articles Across the Net