These oatmeal chocolate chip bars are a delicious treat. They’re thick and chewy, full of sweet chocolate chips, and perfect for any occasion. Bonus that they’re very easy to make!
Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
If you like oatmeal cookies then you will LOVE these bars! The nice, big pieces are perfectly chewy and every bite has lots of chocolate. We use both chocolate chips AND chocolate chunks for the best texture. The chips melt into the bars while the chunks give you bites of chocolate. They’re irresistible.
This is a recipe that gets brought to potlucks and picnics and is always met with rave reviews. Just try bringing them to your next get-together; they’ll disappear from the table fast!
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
The hardest part of making oatmeal chocolate chip bars is waiting for them to cool down. They smell so good that you’ll want to cut into them right away! But if you want bars with clean cut edges, you’ll need to have a little patience and wait until they are cool.
- Mix Together: Cream the butter and sugars then add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Dry Ingredients: Add all the dry ingredients at once and mix them in by hand.
- Prepare Pan: Press the thick batter into a baking dish and top with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake: Now bake the bars until they’re golden.
So Many Ways to Enjoy Oatmeal Bars
This is a super simple dessert recipe and a great one to make when you’re baking with kids or short on time.
- Chocolate: Use white chocolate chips and chunks.
- Coconut: Add ½ cup of shredded coconut into the batter.
- Raisins: Mix in 1 cup of raisins.
- Cinnamon: Add a teaspoon of cinnamon for some spice.
- Cocoa Powder: Mix ½ cup of cocoa powder into the batter for a truly chocolatey experience.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
If there are every any bars leftover from dessert, they make an excellent sweet breakfast treat. We love enjoying them with a cup of hot coffee! Once these bars have cooled completely, they are best stored in a covered container at room temperature.
- How Long do These Bars Last? Chocolate chip oatmeal bars will stay fresh tasting for about 3 days.
- Freezing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars: These bars freeze very well. Cut them into bars then freeze them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Once they are frozen, place them into a freezer container and store them up to three months.
I love how easy dessert bars are to make like my Mom’s Nanaimo Bars. These bars are perfect for any special occasion, feeding a crowd or a quick dessert for after school snack. Try these delicious cookie bars today!
Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat until combined.
Transfer the batter to the baking dish and gently press the top down so that it is smooth. Top with the reserved ¼ cup of both the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
Bake for 20-25 minutes if using a 9×13 inch pan or 25-30 minutes if using a 9×9 inch pan. The edges should be golden and the center not wiggly if you shake the pan. Let the bars cool completely before cutting them into squares.
Calories364kcal (18%)Carbohydrates43g (14%)Protein5g (10%)Fat20g (31%)Saturated Fat12g (60%)Trans Fat1gCholesterol56mg (19%)Sodium298mg (12%)Potassium138mg (4%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar24g (27%)Vitamin A420IU (8%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium43mg (4%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.